Sunday, September 14

A night's tale... Whoha!

I have had the most fun night of the year today! By far the best! T is the best friend I have had for eight years now... that's the longest in my life. We've been together and drifted and the whole thing repeat. But we've stuck.

So I get to his place by 9... and we generally chat over life. We have this thing of coming up with bizzare theories on life which are just so crazily loopey! Lets take the 'dump and dumper' for example... I came up with this idea that dumping and being dumped are cyclical in my life... trend analysis of data available: got dumped first time, then I dumped... and then I got dumped again! So its essentially my turn to dump now and I am all nails sharpened, polished, and glee! He came up with the 'itch' theory... just that you need to add an alphabet before it. So it started like... Ditch! Ditch! then a Bitch! And a Bitch again! and then Hitch! and finally the real Ditch (grave)! Ok fine! We were high on laughter... ok?

Then we decide to get out and do something! And I dont mean people here... So we hit Mondy's at Colaba and have sausages and pasta for dinner. The conversation flows... I trivialise him with WWII ghory story routine. And he goes on with his two pence ... Examples:
- All women are sex objects! Every time I talk of sex, they object.
- You know this pedder road in peak traffic hours is like a bitch man! She fucks you, spanks you, hits you in the face and enjoys it. Too bad I can't reciprocate the feeling! It wd be nice coz she is just so mean!
- Me: So T... what did you do today?
- T: errr.... you want names?
- Me: Noooo! I meant more materialistic stuff!!! (eyes rolling routine and bit)
- T: you mean richer people...?
- Me: giggling silly.... Ok so in 1931....

We finally get thrown out at 1:30. So we head to Gateway of India... stand there and talk on life and the old times in Lucknow and Delhi. We head out to Gokul and Bade Miyan... If I ever had a friend down in Bombay... I would not miss taking them to these places for life. They are like the soul of Bombay. Then we make it to Polly's.... Get out and just head for the marine drive. Its a full moon night... its 3 in the morning and the damn place is full of people. This is what I love about Bombay... I feel alive when I am out in it. So many men... so many women. The chatter... the laughter... the breeze and moon.

We get into serious stuff. He tells me he is going to be a father soon. And I go into shock. Say something dumb... and then both of us look at each other and say it together... 'When in shock... Do not talk'. After the feeling sinks in ... I just jump up and down... till he accuses me of trying to hypnotise him by behaving like a vertical pendulum! We finally decide to seal the deal and do the Worli sea face as well before sliding back home... coz the damn streets were so empty! The radio is playing the saturday night dance-the-night-away kinda music and we make the remaining journey... head rocking... windows down... wake every body up kinda loud music! Ohhh God! I just love to get out in the night in a car and zoop! on the roads... it makes me feel like I can fly... I dont know why it gives me such a kick!

Oh wait! I think I know... in highschool... I used to get out of home at night (always after 12)... scale the front wall (11 Ft) and go and dance under the street light with my walkman! I danced all alone on that broad lonely road and it used to kick me for days... like a drug and then I'd do it again! It was such an adventure... I think someone saw me and told Dad... he asked me the next day if I'd gone out at night... and I flatly refused. I think the whole thing was too far fetched for him to believe it anyway... thankfully. Needless to stay my midnight adventures died an untimely death.

No comments: