Saturday, September 13

The inner circle... (of friends)

I am amusing myself. But I have managed a break through. You see... I have managed to bring the voices in my head together and realise there are just two of them. They must have both been pretty cantankerous all this while... confusing me into thinking that there were too many. Never underestimate women arguing!

So we had this session finally, where I sat them down and we decided to let the past quarrels go. And they seem to be making friends very fast. They have strong personalities. One is 8 and very funny, dresses in frills. The other is a grown up and well... I dont know her age! ha! And dresses formal. Very formal. Always talks in calm tones. And enjoys a good laugh. She really likes the kid and is very protective. And the kid reciprocates. She's funny, adventurous and very very open to ideas.

They have the most sane conversations I have been privy to in my head in years. The kid surprises me the most. So now they have come up with this whole routine of dealing with fear / anxiety / worrying thought bit. Usually the one who is worried, talks about it and then they go to the coffee table. Its a high wood table with steel chairs. Then the 'one with the worry' (kid came up with the line!) has to take the feeling out and put it on the table. And then we get to look at the shape, size, colour and temperature (yes! you heard it right!) of the damn thing. It could be like a blob... big, real hot and smoldering green in colour... It just takes it out of me and puts it where I can see and feel it.

Last night, during one such talks... the kid looked at the grown one's fear on the table and said... 'That's so ugly... no one would want it on their coffee table!!' and they laughed and laughed!!

And no... I am not seeing a shrink about this. Thanks.

No comments: