Saturday, September 6

You dont fit in! Period!

In psychology and the cognitive sciences, perception is the process of acquiring, interpreting, selecting, and organizing sensory information... don't look at me Wikipedia says so. I studied Perception during Psychology in graduation and then in HR in an MBA I dont like to remember. Anyway... the fact of the matter is that there is obviously much more to this simple word.

We are always percieving and sorting information around us in boxes. We are always simplifying the complex relaity around us in the best way we know to make decisions better.... faster. Speed is the key. You are a better specimen of man kind if you are fast up there.

Too sad, I find myself being put in boxes too many times. All professional literature (I'm reading "The Science of Influence" by Cialdini) says one needs to control how others percieve you. How your actions, words, way you speak, your sense of humour... all go a long way to decide 'what' and 'who' you become for someone else.

And I hate this bit about Human Relationships. I hate this need for speed, for putting people in boxes, rather fixing boxes for people and then putting... rather stuffing them in it somehow. It damn hurts ya! The corners hurt me and the space is just not enough to grow. I need sunlight and air and dont care two hoots about your box.

So go ahead label me. Decide what you want me to be and live with it. Coz I wont. I refuse to live in that box and make you happy. I refuse to put you in a box and buddy! believe me that is the best I can do for you.

But then... do you know what I am saying? Do you 'percieve' at all that I am setting you free? To be you with me.

No comments: