Sunday, October 19

Which movie are we watching today?

The books which have had an enormous impact on me in the recent past are 'Man's search for meaning' - Victor Frankl and 'Illusions' - Richard Bach. Frankl talks about having a vision in life... about having a goal that you'd wanna get to. He says that man is a forward looking being and always needs something to move towards. Bach talks about how to go get wiser with the world. He says that all of us live in movies of our own making. He talks about being able to look beyond the movie... the appearance... goes ahead to say that be aware... know which movie you are watching and which is the one you'd rather see. Actually for a good long time I have had Bach's ideas resonate within. They make hell lot of intuitive sense to me... but to live them has been a tad difficult. Like all wise things. :)

I believe that all one needs to be happy in life is a vision you believe in and some wisdom and you're done. They both seem to ellude me rt now. For wisdom... I know I will find all that I need to learn in the search of my own happiness. For vision... I am still looking. Yeah I know what you might say... She doesn't know what to do with life! And honestly I feel slightly guilty about it too... You know all those people who know where they are headed... know exactly what they want... I am not a part of any of these groups. I am too amorphous... malleable.

Most of my wisdom has come from love. I like to experiment with relationships and people... And I really like the character of Krishna... I have read some about him and he seems to be the only person closest to unconditional love. I would like to experience unconditional love and recieve it too. I'd like it if some one could love me like that. I still struggle to define it. But the concept always manages to give me enough food for thought. When I succeed at it partially and whenI fail at it miserably. Its been an area where success and failure have taught me equally well.

One day... some day I'd like to tell you guys about my vision too... when I can see it crystal clear... when I am done making it. I enjoy being driven. I like to feel passion... get crazy in the head. It so has to be the 'truly madly deeply' variety.

Till then... I will amuse me with the movies I make. I'll add travel and books and more books and more people to it. And may be we'll have something that can be put between the coverpages of a book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ones who say that they have complete clarity are the ones fooling themselves :-)

If you are confused in life, you have begun your journey.

But Bach is right. It's a good idea to watch good movies... nice, happy, funny, loving, caring, rich....rather than loserish, sad, horror, unhappy, martyrish....

When you look at the scenario like this, guess the choice becomes clear, doesn't it?

P

Fictional Reality said...

Thanks... I so needed those words of wisdom. You know which movie I think is the most popular among people? Ironically its the movie of boredom. Most popular! ha! And then the devil in the mind starts work in his workshop... with a vengeance I might add! Bach has something very interesting to say here... he says, "To live an interesting life we need to sacrifice boredom. Its not always an easy choice." :D You get the drift...