Friday, October 24

Exposed at night

Last night! Yes I did... and before you go onto an overdrive of expectations from the post let me put it as last night was a night of revelations. We had an office party yesterday. Phoenix Mills it was...and four lanes of the bowling alley were booked. But before we get onto the real story I have a few revelations myself! I have never bowled or played pool before.... and can you please change that expression on your face right now? That does not make me a social retard! Rt?

Ok... I hope you still like me!

I had been hanging around (more on the edge of the party scene) when someone came up to me and said he dint think I could bowl. Astounded I ask him Wow! ESP? He says not really... its easy to guess when you see people in a bowling alley not bowling. So he proceeds to teach me and too much pressure I mess up. He gives up on me and goes and hangs himself on the bar. And I hate him in that moment. So the culture illiterate (that wd be me with both hands up) gets into the arena and bowls!! bowls with a vengeance... I gave all those amateurs and semi-amateurs a run for their money! I am good at it and that makes up for the pain in the upper right arm rt now. damn some of those balls were big! Err... I mean heavy! best was Mr. I-did-you-a-favour-tonight's team lost! along with their tempers. I wanted to hand one of them balls to him and say.... 'You need one?'

Then we get bored of big balls and get onto the pool table, nice shiny small balls!... you have people here who are playing the game like art! Like all those angles and making a ball jump over the enemy one without touching! Strokes so smooth and perfect. Precision....! Here you had people sharing life histories of playing on the pool table and how this particular kinda stroke is the only thing someone's picked up from their ex and how the endless nights at college were spent bent over it... sliding up and down.
And then it so happened I was assigned to a team on the table and we were to compete! I attribute this event to a state of drunkenness... both for people who proposed and me who accepted. I'd been semi lolling around the table and someone assumed I could be of use.
Reality dawns... never held that stick in life... never really touched a pool table... compete? Honestly... I was having slight difficulty looking... (Vodka maybe) at others... but also because I was so preempting the impending disaster! There is nothing worse than having a moron on to your team... specially when you are competing with the other line of business. Its not just a game then dude! You are playing for pride!! I cursed my self and my bouncy demeanor and flappy state of mind!

Well... the revelation happened again. Guess what!!! I played well people. I potted on an average 3 balls per game and wasn't so bad on the fouls either!! So got a pat on the back from Mr H ... our team leader! I mean... 3 balls in a row and we ended with the blacky cornered and potted! S.W.E.E.T!!! And I am so hooked to it I wanna play all the time now. Its screwing with my focus with work, that bad hooked!

H was so vehement on how he just never wanted to get married and just live around a pool table with a glass of whisky all his life! I agree somewhere I guess... but I'd like Margaritas, Screwdrivers, Capriojkas... variety on my table!


ps: the night dint end there! we then went on for dinner and danced the night away! I belley danced and showed off my cool new jazz moves... and me and S burned the dance floor with some real good show of the dirty dancing variety. She beats me to it tho! She is such a bad girl! :) And I love her for it! I mean it takes something to scandalise me... and before this turns into a post written in ps... I'll stop! overall a great night out. Over and out!

3 comments:

88 said...

Whew! I think you should tone down your descriptives regarding any games you might play in the near future. Felt like i was reading soft-core por... er... did someone turn up the temperature in here?!? :D

Man we've had a few office dos at the Bowling Co too and i too am a genius with the balls (stop it!!) when i'm a few drinks down. Course i do see a LOT of them on the table when i'm slightly tipsy :D

Fictional Reality said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fictional Reality said...

Lesson learnt! Its better to be a few drinks down if you'd wanna play any games with spherical objects (trying hard to make this non-suggestive!...:)...). We have data here supporting the hypothesis rt? :D