Saturday, June 20

Early Saturday and I have had a good night

I have had those moments when you come home and switch on the TV, which happens to be the significant other in my life rt now... and everything sucks. The serials are all too melodramatic... even the good ones are trying to give the really 'cry'ee ones a screw over. So finally you are bleary eyed and contemplating just how much you would love an enlivening conversation rt now. You are hungry and tired and hungry for that zing in life... that spark somewhere that makes you feel like your life just turned into a ferrari engine.

And they say that they are showing a movie called 'Love and other Disasters'... and the moment I see Brittany Murphy on the star cast, honestly I am put off. But well I just give it ten mins... after which I have to go to bed and sleep with myself. And I am caught up. I am truly really caught up in the whole thing. Its an amazing movie... I had this orgasmic joy spreading through me because it is specially a Friday night when you have nothing to do that you pray for such moments... that you'll get to see an amazing movie that will just turn all that you are feeling about life on its head.

and come out of it like you were with a friend and you just had a conversation where you got everything the other said and they knew you so well it was you they spoke of all the time. Brit humour rocks!! I wish life were like the movies sometimes...

And by the way... what is the most irritating thing on the telle these days? Guess..? Ok. Its this: 'This movie has been edited and is suitable for family viewing in India.' I wanna say Fuck you!! Its like someone's told me that here's your cake but I took all the essence out! Its like showing you the Monalisa without one eye. Its incomplete... every scene and dialogue is there for a reason. Its a part of the fabric. Its a part of the maker's dream and overall I think its just cruel.

Anyway, I hope that IPL world cup or not, they keep showing amazing movies. Also, will someone tell Star Movies to not show 'Double Impact' when they can't think of anything else? Its on everytime I switch to their channel now.

To talk of better things tomorrow brings Wolverine!! I am hoping it will again be one of those things that I can discuss with friends gesticulating wildly with over bright eyes! I love ze movies. :)

3 comments:

Nimbupaani said...

Oh I saw this movie too, around the same time as you did(though I probably caught it only 15-20 mins into the movie). And I really liked it too!! It's just so light-hearted and easy going and refreshingly cliched. And of course, Santiago Cabrera is sooo drooolable!!!

On another note, do you think our TVs are telepathic? First Mard and now this? :-)

Nimbupaani said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fictional Reality said...

Hey NP! Long time... and yeah I am kinda tending to believe you there. The TV thing sure seems telepathic. :)
Santiago Cabrera is hot! Infact my faith in Ms Murphy went up too. My fav parts are the scenes between Brittany Murphy and Matthew Rhys (Peter). They are the best part of the movie for me.