Sunday, July 12

Take a deep breath in and hold.

I am in love with Jason Mraz and Eric Hutchinson at the moment... the latter's song rock and roll has been on repeat since morning. And Mraz's 'I'm yours' is my cell ring tone. I spent some good amount of time shopping with my friend and then visiting her family yesterday. She has two small boys and they are such cute monsters. We made strories on icecream monsters and how if they do come out of the icecream cups they will bite everyone in the bum! :D and then we ran around squealing with laughter... Then they wore their Judo uniforms and showed off all their moves.. So one min I'd be discussing something profound with my friend on love, realtionships and marriage and the larger game plan of life and second discussing strategies to kill the icecream monster with the elder one of her babies. It was absolutely chaotic and fun. Then I came back and spent an unholy 5 hours on the net researching rock bands and looking for ways to steal music from the net. So all in all a good day.

The strategy for today is yet to emerge. The fact that I am supposed to be out of this house on Wednesday and shift to a new house is supposed to be a priority... But as you may have already guessed it will take a large large push for me to get started in that direction! It is an infinitely more interesting proposition to just get out of home and go to Powai and spend time walking the roads with my ipod and all this music pouring over me in the light rain... or go to a cafe with my laptop and just waste time writing! But... let me get started on my packing or I am just going to have to sit and cry for all the laziness in the next three days itself!

As for reading, I am munching on 'Influence: Science and Practice' by Robert Cialdini... Yet another amazing book. It peels the layers from the marketing srategies and tells us how every day of our lives we are actually being manipulated like puppets by the proponents of consumerism and what have we in the world around us...(Marketing was my minor in college and I spend a good amount of time comparing ad campaigns, content, creatives etc... like zoozoos vs what-they-call-em from virgin mobile ad campaign... and the whole idea of Idea cellular using Aby's baby which is obviously a more costly and maybe less effective proposition... you get the drift)... All in all not a good book for control freaks. Its brilliantly written... the examples and experiments are completely relatable and for those who are interested in the devious workings of human mind, this is a must read... for you can increase your effectiveness in getting people to do what you want them to manifolds. The author also talks about defense strategies against being influenced... cherry on all the icing on all the yummy cake.

The list after this includes 'Crucial Conversations'... I am to assist building a training program around this so... Just hoping it doesn't go all preachy on me. Will let ya know... till then Crape Diem!

No comments: