Sunday, November 2

Little dots on my map-o-life

We are losing H to marriage and hence decided to offer our condolences at Firangi Paani. I love that place by the way... Its such an 'oxygen'ating change after cramped I-can't-breathe-here-no-more shacks and Totos of the world. It also has the longest bar in Bombay. And there is so much space around tables you could actually play 'catch me or my balls if you can' around them.

So me decided to break the rules... to hell with the fact that it was an outing with office junta... and had mostly women in it... me decided to wear silk flow-on-and-hug-me upper, teamed with a denim mini... strappy bronze sandals and reckless spray painting of my fav Bvlgari perfume.

End result: H comes up to me and says.... "Hii... I am H****... have we met before?" I wink back and say... "Was that addressed to me or my legs?" He laughingly makes the eyes rolling I-can't-believe-you-just-said-what-you-did face and raises his hands in defeat... not that I mind.

And then what happens is very very nice. I had fun... after I decided to shun some people from my radar. I chose yesterday to spend my time with people who are simple. They might not be categorised as the most intelligent ones around... honestly very intelligent people psyche me in relationships. I chose to shamelessly dance in the aisles with this set of women and found the experience very satisfying. I chose to ask them questions about them and was so happy to receive simple answers not putting too much pressure on my processor. I was so happy I was welcome to spend my time with them without having an entry or exit barrier.

Also floating around is an idea of a ladies' day out ... the master mind of the plan wishes to hang out, drink...lech at men... even pick em up... generally perpetrate in every sense of the word and make it a memorable evening to say the least. Lets see if anyone has the guts to go through this one. Impress me please!

It was late by the time it all got over... and I was open heartedly offered a room in P's house, in case I was uncomfortable going back home. And the genuineness of it all was exhilarating considering we aren't the thickest of friends. Somehow I would rather be around this set of people than the ones who base their lives on the rational model... only that 'just rational' becomes very boring after a point.

I also saw a movie yesterday ... it was a lil syrupy... I wasn't over the moon with it but it had a strong message. The lady in the movie is dying and has 3 weeks to go. And the rest is about how she goes about reclaiming her life before she reaches the pearly gates. So she says the things she wants to, cusses, misbehaves, quits her job and blows every penny she has on living life king size. And manages to get everything an international socialite would call success... And the role's been played by Queen Latifa... She is black and about 100% overweight... wherein lies the true message of the movie I guess.

Today was spent in reading a book. Its momentous coz I have finally finished a book I started, in a long time. I read it for straight 8 hours till I was done with it. So its been a great weekend... full with the party scene and reading... TV and maggi... along with waking up only after afternoons. I am content and have not thought about work. Its so peaceful, I want to stay awake the whole night just to keep feeling like this.

5 comments:

Nimbupaani said...

Way to go girl! Ur weekend sounds perfect.

And may ur girly-outing happen! Coz the whole hanging out, drinking, and especially leching at men n pick em up is so much more fun than can be expected.

n Oh I've seen the movie ur talking about- It's called- The last holiday! And yes I like the message in the movie too, though the movie is a bit too feel good.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed!!
Glad to see that you had a good time... and that too with your office folks!!

Which book?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you had a good time... and that too with your office folks!!

Which book?

P

Fictional Reality said...

Dear SFFTE, I know... its just 4 more days to Friday. I too wish the outing happens and soon. :) I shall then write again and will hopefully have stuff to regale you with. I saw another movie by the way, called Next Stop Wonderland, and liked it coz its just so un-The Last Holiday like...
Its subtle, talks in hints and signs... is never in your face and does not get preachy. In fact several times I felt like oh! I do that thing now. :)

Fictional Reality said...

I read chick lit... the slightly soph variety. :) Good TP and some real funny lines and wise ones too. Written by the author of The devil wears prada fame...
Downside: Too descriptive at times... so in parts I rather ran through the book. maybe explains why I finished it! Irony... give me an over-descriptive book and I'll prolly finish it.
Office folks surprisingly were cool.. lotsa compliments etc.