Thursday, November 27

There is blood on the streets tonight

I am sitting here infront of the TV. Taj is burning. Oberoi is burning. People are held hostage inside both these places. More than 60 people have died. 200 injured. Hospitals are making an appeal for blood. Attacks in 25 places. And its just going on... every minute a new blast... or some firing.
I am crying. I can't tell in words how this makes me feel... what this does to me. I feel like they are in my house, burning things I love and I feel so helpless. I have a stupid wish rt now. I want a Bruce Willis for my city. I want someone to come and kill all these people or just somehow lock them up somewhere. A friend's father has not come home and I am so numb inside I don't know what to do. Or say.
They are throwing grenades from Taj. They have attacked a hospital.
For the life of me will someone please tell me when did terrorism solve anything? Will someone tell me one example of it working? Will someone tell me how does one kill? Will someone tell me how does it make sense to kill someone who dint do you any harm.... never meant it.... someone who is just going home to kids. What do you need to be to take a hand grenade in hand and hurl it at women and children? Will someone please tell me how does one take a gun at hand and open fire?
I can;t sleep. I want to sleep and I can't. I want to scream really.... I want to fall on my knees and pray. I just want to do anything to make this stop because dear God I can't understand this. I feel so sad because they may have just killed the spirit I love in this city I call home and proudly so. I feel sad because its going to be a long time I am going to feel safe in my own home again. Long itme before I walk out of the door not dreading something bad. I have lost my freedom.... my ability to walk the roads of this place at night... trying to find me in its spirit. I want to go ask the Thackereys if the attackers asked who was a north indian or maharashtrian before killing them. It dint matter when they entered Leopold and opened fire.... How will I ever go there and not remember this? They killed people at Metro... I have memories there... I have outside Taj and looked at it with a smile... proud. I don't know if its still gonna be there tom. There is a car bomb explosion near vile parle flyover... There is firing at JW Marriott in Juhu... I used to live close by... Firing at Borivali. I can't take it any more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. These moments will also pass. Try & help your neighbour. That will be good for you.

I also wanted to say that its high time we took responsibility for these things happening to us :-)
Like we do not vote. Like we do not want to do anything to with politics. Its dirty, right? We always wanted someone else to do the dirty job.

I am not helping, am I?

P

Fictional Reality said...

I am still glum. And you are entitled to your opinion ... not that what you say is wrong. Its right. So I am going to do something about it. And you shall hear about it soon. Take a wild guess?