Friday, May 22

Amidst all the chatter...

I read posts and things people are writing and all I see is something or the other that they predict is going to go wrong with the world. Elections, greedy politicians (everyone is writing about this one, almost like we hate them now for winning)... the economy going to the dogs blah blah blah!

Please people just write about something nice. Write about something happy. There are too many people gunning for that impending doom. A lil effort on the side of sunshine would sure be of help. I don't feel like talking when all around me are so glum and gloomy (which some might say is a good thing now!)

Anyway, I shall therefore proceed ahead and tell you about something nice that happened today. A friend who recently got married sent across a compliment. You see, she being a chaste hindu brahmin was marrying a christian and as expected none of her family could bring themselves to attend the wedding (except her sister). We were invited and go we did... I broke my last record of money spent in a single day on clothes. Managed an ivory dress with a long flowing skirt made with some 6000 metres of cloth. Anyway, it seems I have managed a strong fan following at the party including the hubby dear of my friend. I danced some good old salsa with him and he really liked it! I have always wanted to date christian men and looks like we are finally getting there!

This also reminds me of the sermon that sweet old pastor gave during the mass... he was emphasising the importance of God and how his presence is there to keep us all together in the hard times. So he goes...
'You are like the wick and the candle and god the light... you two, my dears are like the seed and the plant with God being the fertile earth... like the two sides of lips of a zip, and God being the head of the zip in between....'
"How apt!" whispered my partner and I frankly have no recollection of what happened next coz we were shaking with laughter... and it took some stern glances from people around for my friend to curb the wild wild interpretation of how God would just love to be a zipper in between having a 'hard' time getting all the head he can! So gross and so God damned memorable!

This week has otherwise been good. Among other good things that happened were that my boss was on leave for a good part of it, which might be a large contributor to the general bonhomie. My sister earned a B in a test and did not lose it. I have a phone bill of 7 K this month and all for an A- she got on a paper last time. I have read 10+ cheap romantic novels this month. I have demonstrated positively obnoxious behavior with my room mate and her friends and gotten away with my way! I made some new and very nerdy friends. Finally realised that basically deep down I just hate banter! And discovered a fab gynaecologist in the city. Now what more can you ask for... hmmm?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dating christian men, hmmm.

Salsa, hmmm.

P

Fictional Reality said...

Yeah dude!! I actually got a call yesterday from my friend that her new found hubby wanted to know if I could grace a gig at shack. :) I am in the new found home of Bangalore, other wise I would have sure as hell obliged. Which reminds me... I am planning a post on the Car trip we did to Bangalore. So look forward to it!