Wednesday, March 18

The showdown

Somewhere late last night I finally had the showdown that had been coming for some time... with my mind:

Me: I need to know why is it that you dredge out the worst of the memories for me at the most opportune moments? It really bothers me.
The M: Well... that's just me. I am a sick bastard.
Me: Well... I'd like to tell you that its not helping. At all.
The M: I do what I do.
Me: I'd like you to stop.
The M: I get bored. What do I do then?
Me: Stay quiet, for a change.
The M: That's boring.
Me: And 'boring' would be an insult to your existence rt?
The M: Yes
Me: Well I am bored too. Of your antics. Of the same repeated shows of failure, desolation and fear etc etc etc... that you keep playing for me. I am fine. I am doing fine. Absolutely. I don't know why you are always trying to convince me that my world is all wrong and that everything will seem like a teen slasher flick, bloodier and ghorier by the miniute! I don't understand why I have to believe that everyone hates me or will eventually end up hating me, someday.
The M: I give it to you because you want it.
Me: So I am telling you I am done!
... I don't remember much of what was said on both sides later, I was drifting in and out of sleep and shutting out very many distraction too... the Mr Mind here does a good job of deviating from the topic, when put in a tight spot. But I do remember sensing exhaustion on the other side. Not surprising, given that my head is a super duper production house of all kinds of drama items.

For whatever it was worth I slept well and am feeling much better today. I have smiled much and cracked a few good jokes since morning. Its the middle of the week and I'd like to keep this going. Mr Mind and I have just now planned a celebration too, if we reach the end of the week without a serious incident. Hope you have a good day and week too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-))
P

Fictional Reality said...

I know... the damn thing's quite crazy! But I am planning to reach Nirvana... sooner than I thought haan!