Sunday, March 1

Blue has many shades

Life's been busy. The room in my head, where I live has seen some changes. Some additions... some deletions. A lot's happened, if you wanna know that is :). I got a new job. I am happy about the fact that I am not in the old one anymore... Being happy about the new one is an awaited possibility. Lets hope for the best.
I have been struggling against writing. Every day for the past some weeks I have lived sentences which I have not come put down here because I have not been sure. I started this blog with a purpose and that goal dissolved in time somewhere. And suddenly I was not sure of what I should write about. The fog's lifted and the answer is simple. I am just as confused but that does not mean that I don't write. So we move on... the blog lives.
The recent happenings have made life seem like its all whizzed past besides me. Sister's left for NZ for studies... Ma and Pa have learnt to video chat on skype. Ma has turned out to be the undiscovered internet genius in our family. Dad's not far behind. We all were running for the 'who cries the most"after" sis leaves' trophy and not surprisingly Dad won. Fathers do have a soft corner for their daughters, specially younger ones with a great sense of humour.
My bit of the story in all this is that I love her. I am crazy about this woman God gave me as my younger sister and hence put in special effort to fish out all her snaps from childhood out today. Mom and I have picked out some brilliant ones from there (funny hair, gawky posture, bushy eye brows, retarded smile) and I shall be posting them on a social networking site soon.
The new job's fine rt now... I am two inches apart still from hitting crazy. I was wondering why is it that I got this fantastic share of drama in my life... in the last organisation people were dying because the lazy humongous ass of my boss wouldn't work. And this guy I am with now wants a Nobel prize for initiatives in HR, if they ever have any for this notorious function. So work I shall have to.
Another slightly irritating aspect is the passion flowing in people for the company. I have really seen people with eyes brimming etc when they talk about the company. So no surprise I am extremely uncomfortable. I even checked the watercooler to see if some drug was being passed on to them here... Its a pharma company this time around.
The last organisation had no culture. This one's got too much and you've to join the madness or you are out! I am doing fine generally ... its just that everytime someone says 'our values here are such that....' I just wanna reach out over the table and slap them and say fuck you! Lets hope we can get by without an incident like that for some time.
Hope all is well elsewhere on blogosphere.

ps: ever wonder why all the words like fuck, suck, schmuck, muck, yuck, chuck, duck (in cricket .. and like in a sitting duck) etc rhyme with luck..? eh? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, in most orgs there is either no culture, or too much culture.

Both are painful to handle as an observer. Its better to join in, rather than being a bystander!

P

Fictional Reality said...

Oh dear.... these people are being so nice to me I am worried I might just join in sooner than I thought. Awwww for all that because I was really enjoying the role of being the cynical bystander all this while... and singing songs like...'shutup just shutup shutup' when others spoke!