Friday, September 19

Drag Test

Have you taken the drag test lately? Its a very simple and fun!

Test pre-requisite:

Picture yourself walking on the road... dragging an assortment of articles behind you. They could be tied with ropes or cords... you holding the ends in your hands... as you walk on with the tins and cans dragging behind you. If you can see it, you need to take the test. Otherwise run along. You are a happy soul!

Now the fun bit:
Step 1: Look at everything that's happening. Make a mental list... no pen and paper ok? What? No? fine you bum! go get it. Now, the cans, tins, photocopy machines... whatever you are dragging with you represents something in life. The heavier... the meaner, needless to say.

Step 2: There will be things you can drop right away... reduce the load. But probably have not cause you've just been lazy or preoccupied with other stuff. If yes, join the club! So now's the big chance... Do what you need to and drop the weight. Time frame: Things that can get done in a day will belong to this category. My list has some 6 items. Yours could have calling someone up and asking them to get a life! Or something at the bank.

Step 3: Now we come to the mean bit. These will be heavy and painful things... I hope you dint see yourself dragging a Boeing! Anyway... drop these right away too. Yes... you heard it! Rt now!

You see... the point is why drag anything? Past issues... future worries... present stress... some painful client... some jackass of a friend! Shed the baggage. If you've seen the picture clearly... you will see that all of it is external to you, and you can choose at any point to let them go. By any logic you don't need any of it so just drop it. You must want to... that's all.

You are far more capable of doing whatever you want to, without any unnecessary load on your shoulders! You'll walk faster to get to where you want to go and more good news is it frees your hands... ok ok cheesy I know! There is so much to do anyway, so a pair of hands doing what you want them to would be welcome rt?

This happened to me in my dream last night. It was some stuff I was dragging by the way! And I feel lighter... better. Let me know if it works. I'll apply for a patent.

Love.

4 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

A great test, indeed! :-)

My philosophy is;
If it can't move by itself - it can never catch up with me.
Unfortunately, some things have wings, others wheels, and I keep running faster, and faster.
Result; I loose both weight and money

Fictional Reality said...

Hahahhahahhaa...

That was Ha!larious... :D

But then Anna... chased are we? I don't know about the winged ones... but those on wheels, specially nice bikey wheels.. might not be such a bad idea now rt?

Utopia said...

i see myself carrying this huge load on my head, tis the credit card bill and its not gonna go away until i pay it off. sigh!

Fictional Reality said...

he he... I read about that bit on your blog! :)

And as you've said again: 'This too shall pass.'